Strict Internal & ASTM Standards
Universal Wire Cloth’s quality assurance program reviews material at various stages of its life cycle to ensure quality following strict internal and ASTM standards. Our highly trained quality control department uses state of the art equipment through this entire process that outlines the following:
- Materials: We have strict quality standards with our raw material suppliers that only the highest quality items will be accepted. Partnerships with these suppliers have been in place for many years as “shopping around” to save a few pennies generally leads to poor quality and is not a practice we endorse.
- Chemical certifications are reviewed with corresponding material for composition and continuity. These are readily available to our customers upon request.
- All products go through a rigorous physical certification process to detect any irregularities and defects. Material is hand-inspected for quality, consistency, and tolerance.
- Depending on order requirements, the material used is measured and approved by management before any fabrication commences. A final inspection is performed prior to packaging making sure all orders meet necessary requirements.
- Packaging & Crating – Each order is finally custom packaged to ensure shipping integrity.
- Tooling: Most of our equipment is custom-built or modified to produce the most accurate, consistent product at the lowest price available. Each of our tools and machines are calibrated periodically following industry-standard practices.
Universal Wire Cloth is Rohs and Reach compliant.
|A227M – 06(2017)||Steel Wire, Cold-Drawn for Mechanical Springs|
|A229M – 18||Steel Wire, Quenched and Tempered for Mechanical Springs|
|A230M – 19||Steel Wire, Carbon Valve Spring Quality|
|A240M – 19||Chromium and Chromium-Nickel Stainless Steel Plate, Sheet, and Strip for Pressure Vessels and for General Applications|
|E437-92(1997)||Industrial Wire Cloth and Screens (Square Opening Series) (Withdrawn 2000) Replaced by E2016|
|A478 – 97(2019)||Chromium-Nickel Stainless Steel Weaving and Knitting Wire|
|A480M – 19a||General Requirements for Flat-Rolled Stainless and Heat-Resisting Steel Plate, Sheet, and Strip|
|A555M – 16||Stainless Steel Wire and Wire Rods|
|A641M – 19||Zinc–Coated (Galvanized) Carbon Steel Wire|
|A740 – 98(2014)||Hardware Cloth (Woven or Welded Galvanized Steel Wire Fabric)|
|A853 – 19||Steel Wire, Carbon, for General Use|
|B1 – 13(2018)||Hard-Drawn Copper Wire|
|B105 – 05(2012)||Hard-Drawn Copper Alloy Wires for Electric Conductors|
|B134M – 15||Brass Wire|
|B159M – 17||Phosphor Bronze Wire|
|B164 – 03(2019)||Nickel-Copper Alloy Rod, Bar, and Wire|
|B211M – 19||Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Rolled or Cold Finished Bar, Rod, and Wire|
|E11 – 17||Woven Wire Test Sieve Cloth and Test Sieves|
|E1638 – 18||Standard Terminology Relating to Sieves, Sieving Methods, and Screening Media|
|E2016 – 15||Industrial Woven Wire Cloth|
|E2814 – 18||Industrial Woven Wire Filter Cloth|
|E74 – 18e1||Calibration and Verification for Force-Measuring Instruments|